What an eventful couple months! Story time everyone…So it all began a few months ago when I was applying Todd for teaching positions everywhere I could find. And I mean everywhere (Mississippi, Hawaii, Maine, etc.) and for good fun I looked up the Arizona San Carlos Reservation, where Todd served part of his mission. Amazingly they had a couple positions, so I thought sure why not, couldn’t hurt. By this point I’ll go anywhere. Well about a month later Todd gets a call, its a Tuesday, and they do an over-the-phone interview with him. They loved him, and wanted him to come to the campus on Thursday, and if he likes it start Monday. So we think this is it!
Todd packs all of his stuff up, because he isn’t sure when he is coming back. We drive all day Wednesday to be there by Thursday. Brayden was going crazy by the end, poor guy.
We drive passed Phoenix, Mesa, and pretty much all civilization to speak of. Now I had been there before but I NEVER thought I would be living there. It is like another country where we are going. The poverty level is around 75%, and I really feel bad for saying this but its kind of a scary area. I went in thinking this was going to be great Todd is going to have a full time job and be able to do what he wants. But the longer we are driving around I just can’t really see myself being happy there. It’s so secluded, and closest Wal-Mart is 30 mins away. The closest mall is 2 1/2 hours in Phoenix, I know its pathetic, ha-ha, I’m lame.
Anyways, so we are driving around about an hour before he goes into the last interview, and Westside calls from home saying they want an interview tomorrow for a 1st grade teacher position. All we can think is (queue in sarcastic tone)“Seriously!”. Since we don’t know for sure if we will get the job at Westside. We ask San Carlos if they can hold the position for one week. They love him, so they say yes and that they totally understand. So we pack everything up again (this is Thursday night) and drive all night back home so he can make it to the interview the next day. We get in around 3 am. I sleep for 2 hours, get up and go to work from 7-6. That was fun, let me tell ya.
Todd told me the interview went great, so now we wait. I’m seriously preparing myself to have to move because I don’t want to get my hopes up. It always tends to backfire on me. But on Saturday afternoon Todd gets a call from the superintendent of Westside to say they would like to hire him, and he can start Monday. Hallelujah, our prayers have been answered. I can proudly say that Todd is officially a 1st Grade Teacher for Ana Verde Hills Elementary.


No comments:
Post a Comment